Friday, September 21, 2007

Thesaurus.com is your friend!

When I'm stuck on naming classes, interfaces, etc., I quickly think of all the names that come to mind, go to thesaurus.com, and see what other synonyms exist. I think its a great way to take a general word (abstract) and go to more specific words (concrete) and vice versa. Sometimes I also take a look at the antonyms, it helps me reinforce the meaning of the word. Knowing what a word doesn't mean is just as important :). Its scary how much language takes a part in shaping our ideas, but I digress...

FYI being stuck on something is not always a bad thing! Its a sign that you care about your craft. You're willing to spend cycles on coming up with solutions that may have a good return on investment. But this ain't a good thing if you have a demo coming up in a week!

No comments: